Samtskhe-Javakheti is a region in southern Georgia. It’s bordered by Armenia and Turkey to the south and southwest. town Akhaltsikhe is its administrative center. This region used to play important role in medieval Georgian culture and polictics. Two of the major tourist attractions are the cave monasteries of Vardzia (which was founded by Queen Tamar in 1185, there are up to 300 caves distributed on eight levels), and Khertvisi fortress(one of the oldest fortresses in Georgia – built in 985).
- Meeting at the airport
- Check in the hotel,rest
- Overnight Tbilisi
- Transfer to Borjomi (known for its famous mineral water and park)
- Transfer to Akhaltsikhe (Rabati fortress, Sapara monastery)
- Overnight in Akhaltsikhe
- Transfer to Vardzia cave monastery complex
- Khertvisi forstress
- Paravani Lake
- Transfer to Tbilisi
- Tbilisi sightseeing tour
- Leaving party at the Georgian restaurant
Note: Duration of the tour will fit to your arrival and departure flights.
- All transfers
- English/Russian speaking guide during the tour
- 3 star/Guesthouse Hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Dinner at the hotel
- All entrance fees (museums, rope-way)
- Travel insurance
Looking forward to making your Journey enjoyable.
From 195 USD
Please note: prices are valid for groups of 10 people.