Imereti is a region in the central part of west Georgia, situated along the middle and upper reaches of the Rioni river. Kutaisi is Georgia’s seconds largest city (after Tbilisi) and the capital of the western region of Imereti. The landmark of the city is the ruined Bagrati Cathedral, built by Bagrat III, king of Georgia, in the early 11th century and the Gelati Monastery a few km east of the city, both are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.Besides the churches, there are many interesting places in Kutaisi, such as Sataplia and Prometheus Caves, where one can observe footprints of dinosaurs .
• Meeting at the airport
• Check in the hotel, rest
• Overnight Tbilisi
• Transfer to Kutaisi (via Mtskhetha – old capital of Georgia , Gori – birth place of Stalin )
• Sightseeing of Mtsketha (Jvari Monastery/Svetitskhoveli church)
• Sightseeing of Gori (museum of Stalinn, Uplistsikhe – town carved in the rock)
• Sightseeing of Kutaisi ( Kutaisi old town, Bagrati Cathedral , Gelati monastery – 10km from Kutaisi )
• Overnight in Kutaisi
• Sightseeing of Satataplia /Prometheus cave
• Transfer to Tbilisi
• Tbilisi sightseeing tour
• Leaving party at the Georgian restaurant
The climate in Kutaisi is humid subtropical. The summers are generally hot and relatively dry while the winters are wet and cool. Average annual temperature in the city is 14.5 degrees Celsius. Average annual precipitation is around 1,530 mm (60.24 in).
Note: Duration of the tour will fit to your arrival and departure flights.
- All transfers
- English/Russian speaking guide during the tour
- 3 star/Guesthouse Hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Dinner at the hotel
- All entrance fees (museums, rope-way)
- Travel insurance
Looking forward to making your Journey enjoyable.
From 205 USD
Please note: prices are valid for groups of 10 people.